Offshore, or Deep Sea Fishing as some know it can be very rewarding when it comes to table fair and putting your strength to the test. If you want to experience a thrill of a lifetime, there is nothing like running 50 mph across the open ocean and battling with some of the strongest fish around.
• Red Grouper, Gag Grouper and Black grouper can all be caught while fishing the reefs, ledges and wrecks • Red grouper average 10-12 lbs with some reaching 20lbs, Gag grouper can weigh up to 50 lbs and Black Grouper can weigh up to 100 lbs • Grouper can be caught on large live baits as well as frozen squid and sardines • The best grouper fishing starts about 30 miles offshore • All three species are excellent eating
• Has a short season, typically from June 1-August 2nd. • A very good eating fish • Fights very hard • When fishing for red snapper we typically have to run at least 50 miles offshore • Excellent table fair • Average size is 8 lbs but can grow to 25lb plus
• Excellent eating • Lots of fun to catch • Can be action packed when they cooperate • Average size is 5lbs
• Fight extremely hard • Also known as “Reef Donkeys” because of their unwilling ness to quit • Anglers typically need a water break after 2 in a row • Good table fair • A blast to catch • Can grow to 110 lbs
• Lives on the wrecks and reefs • Eats large baits • Fights unbelievably hard • Can grow up to 500lbs • Puts your strength to the test
• There are numerous types of sharks that can be caught in our inshore water ways, including bull sharks, great hammerheads, lemon sharks and black tips. • When shark fishing we target deep channels, passes and nearshore wrecks and reefs